Mission Manager can produce detailed organizational charts automatically. Charts are built based in the Supervisor Rules and the special rules listed below. Charts are available to all your Team Members and can be added to the links section based on the following rules. Only your team members logged into Mission Manager can view charts.
Making automatic Organizational Charts work can be a bit tricky, here are a few tips:
- When setting the Configuration setting Team Group Divider, keep in mind there should be two types of Team Group Divider, they are as follows:
- 1.General Team Group Divider types often divide a team based on what their specialty is, such as: Motorized, K9, Medical, etc.. In the case of your team is divided geographically it might be something like: District 1, District 2, etc. or Springfield, Greenville, etc.. All of the members in these type Team Group Divider should not have a Leadership Ranking (typically "rank") above the person who is in charge of that Team Group Divider, typically something like: Unit Leader, Area Leader, etc..
- 2. There should also be one special leadership Team Group Divider that contains all your leadership members. Typically this Team Group Divider is called something like Command, Staff, Leadership, etc. All members of this special Team Group Divider should have a "rank" above everyone in all the other general Team Group Divider described above.
- When setting the Configuration setting Large Team Group Field Name(typically "division"), keep the following in mind for a Organizational Chart to properly build:
- 1. All members of a general Team Group Divider type described above should be in the same "division". Team Group Divider are split up among different "divisions", i.e. Motorized and Medical Team Group Divider might be "division" one, and K9 and Tracking might be "division" two. Or in the case of a geographically divided team, Springfield and Greenville Team Group Divider might be "division" one, and Fairview and Ashland might be "division" two. Therefore it is important that all the members in those general Team Group Divider types be in the same "division".
- 2. The members of the special leadership Team Group Divider should be in different "divisions" or have no "division" at all. For example, you might have two members in your special leadership Team Group Divider with the "rank" of Division Leader, therefore each of their "division" member value should match the "division" value for all the members in the Team Group Divider they are in charge of.
- When setting the Configuration setting Small Unit Group Field Name (typically "squad"), keep the following in mind for a Organizational Chart to properly build:
This setting allows you to specify small groupings ("squads") within your Team Group Divider. For example, you might have a large Team Group Divider that has 10 or more members, 8 of those members might be low ranking and the other two might be something like Squad Leaders. Therefore it would make sense to split the Team Group Divider into two "squads", each one having a Squad Leader who is in charge of 4 members. Matching the "squad" for the leader and all the members in that group will let the Organizational Chart know who is in charge of of these smaller groups within your Team Group Divider.
The following URL parameters are supported:
- team - value should always be 1 to make sure the whole team is shown regardless of the user permissions.
- unit - Can be set to the name of a single unit as set in the Configuration to limit the chart to that unit.
- photo - Set this value to 1 to include member pictures.
- memunit - This includes the members unit. If this parameter is omitted or value is set to 1 the unit is included. To omit the unit include this var and set the value to 0.
- rank - This includes the members rank. If this parameter is omitted or value is set to 1 the rank is included. To omit the rank include this var and set the value to 0.
- division - If this parameter is included and set to 1 the Member's division is included in the org chart.
- squad - If this parameter is included and set to 1 the Member's squad is included in the org chart.
- homephone - Set this value to 1 to include Home phone number.
- workphone - Set this value to 1 to include Work phone number.
- mobilephone - Set this value to 1 to include Mobile phone number.
- otherphone - Set this value to 1 to include Other phone number.
- show - If omitted the names will be shown first name first, if the value is 'n' names will be shown last name first.
- ranklow - This can be set to the lowest rank to be shown as set in the Configuration.
- rankhigh - This can be set to the highest rank to be shown as set in the Configuration.
The following are sample links:
- Whole Team Chart: MemberOrgChart.php?team=1
- Whole Team Chart with pictures: MemberOrgChart.php?team=1&pic=1
- Whole Team Chart, last name order: MemberOrgChart.php?team=1&show=n
- Show the Canine unit only: MemberOrgChart.php?team=1&unit=Canine
- Show the Tech Rescue unit only: MemberOrgChart.php?team=1&unit=Tech%20Rescue
- Show no ranks lower than UL: MemberOrgChart.php?team=1&ranklow=UL
- Show with only name and home phone numbers: MemberOrgChart.php?team=1&rank=0&memunit=0&homephone=1
The following is a sample organizational chart: